Monday, 16 January 2017

Main Task - Production - Questionnaire analysis

Questionnaire results

·     20 people in total completed my questionnaire, 10 girls and 10 boys. All of the ages between 16-21yrs.
·     15 people read magazine monthly, the other 5 read them once-three times a year.
·     17 people would pay £1-£2, and the other three would pay 50p for a magazine.
·     20 people’s favourite genre was R&B.
·     17 people read magazines once a week, the other three read them once a month.
·     18 people knew all of the artists, and two others knew every artist apart from 1.
·     16 people downloaded music, the other 3 streamed it and one listened to it on the radio.
·     20 people listened to music everyday.
·     18 listened to music on their phone, one listened through their car and the other listened through their TV.
·     20 people would rather attend wireless festival than other festivals.
·     20 people said they think of black artists when they think of R&B.



Now I am going to produce a magazine that takes into consideration these results, I decided to only ask 16-21 year olds because according to radio 1’s playlist these are the only ones who vote for the UK top 40. With regards to the price of my magazine, I researched that music magazines are normally priced above the price range that I included within my questionnaire. However, my choice for pricing down is to make it more accessible to my target audience. Out of the people who participated, said that they tend to download music so I will include a ITunes voucher within the magazine, to attract this audience further. Also in my questionnaire I included a list of R&B artists so that people could identify which ones they knew by ticking the people who they did, majority of people who took part, knew the artists, therefore I assume that they roughly know stuff about them, however this has inspired me to include new artists that they wouldn’t know about, therefore they are more intrigued to read about them to get to know them, more as if they would if it was an artist they already know of. Also to support this idea everyone who participated, agreed that they listen to music everyday therefore they are more likely to want to get to know new artists as this gives them an opportunity to branch out to new artists, instead of repetitively listening to the same selection. 18 people, out of the 20 said they listen to music through there phone, therefore I will include a competition in my magazine to win an iPhone. Also I will include in my contents page the wireless festival lineup, because this is something the audience are interested in as all 20 people stated that this was their most preferred festival. Lastly for my R&B artist I am creating to feature on my magazine, will be a black person, as this is what my target audience recognizes to be an R&B artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment